Right of Withdrawal and Return Process Information
What is the Right of Withdrawal?
In accordance with the Law on Consumer Protection No. 6502 (“the Law”), buyers have the right to withdraw from the contract within 14 days from the delivery date without providing any reason and return the products “without paying shipping fees.” Every institution is obliged to implement this law.
How to Exercise the Right of Withdrawal?
To exercise the right of withdrawal, the buyer must inform the seller of their intention to return the product within 14 days from the delivery date. After receiving the buyer’s request, the seller is obligated to accept the return and refund the product price and return shipping fee to the buyer without any charge within 10 (ten) days. According to zippil.com.tr Payment Protection System, even if the product price has been transferred to the seller, the buyer still has the right to return the product and get a refund. When returning the product to the seller, the original invoice presented to the buyer during delivery must also be returned. If there is a return explanation section on the invoice, it should be filled out, and the invoice should be signed by the buyer and delivered with the product.
When did the Law on Consumer Protection No. 6502 come into effect?
The Law on Consumer Protection No. 6502 came into effect on 28.05.2014.
How to exercise the right of withdrawal for products purchased before 28.05.2014?
For products purchased before 28.05.2014, the Law on Consumer Protection No. 4077 is applicable. According to this law, buyers have the right to return products without providing any reason and “without paying shipping fees” within 7 days from the delivery date. The valid period for return requests outside the withdrawal right period is 30 days.
Which products are not eligible for the right of withdrawal?
- Custom-made products produced at the buyer’s request, personalized by making changes or additions
- Products not suitable for return due to their nature (hygienic products such as underwear, swimwear, cosmetics must be unopened and untested for return)
- Opened audio or visual recordings (DVDs, CDs, tapes, etc.), printed products (books, magazines, etc.), software programs, and computer consumables
- Products with a risk of rapid deterioration or likely to exceed their expiration date
- Products with prices determined on the stock exchange or in organized markets (all products in the Gold and Silver category, etc.)
- Products and services purchased from the holiday category, such as hotels, domestic/international tours, trips, and airplane tickets. The cancellation/refund of these products and services is done according to the seller’s agency practice.
How to exercise the right of withdrawal and return process for electronic products?
- To accept returns within the “Right of Withdrawal” for electronic products, the purchased product must not have damaged original packaging, and the invoice and all complementary accessories must be sent with the product. If not sent, the return request will be rejected.
- For products with installation performed by the service, returns will not be accepted if the box is opened or installation is performed outside the service.
- If a SIM card is inserted into the purchased mobile phone or a network connection is established via WiFi, the device will be considered as second-hand. According to the relevant legislation, within the scope of the right of withdrawal, it is necessary for the “marketable feature of the product not to be lost.” Therefore, products with a SIM card inserted or connected via WiFi cannot be returned within the right of withdrawal. In case of a defective product, the store should be contacted, and the store may request a technical service report.
- For return requests between 14 days and 6 months, which are outside the right of withdrawal, the product must go to technical service, and a return decision must be made by the service.
Who bears the return shipping fee during the right of withdrawal process?
In the context of the right of withdrawal, the return shipping fee is the responsibility of the sellers. Even if buyers return products for personal reasons, they have the right to return the products without paying the return shipping fee.
Can the buyer return the product even if it has been used?
Opening the packaging, testing the product, and using the product in the usual way, i.e., using the product as customary, does not eliminate the right of withdrawal. If the seller has delivered the product to the buyer during the withdrawal period, the buyer can only use the product to the extent required for a regular examination. Otherwise, the buyer cannot exercise the right of withdrawal.
Can the buyer return the product if it is damaged?
According to regulations, the decrease in the value of the product or the existence of a reason making the return impossible does not prevent the exercise of the right of withdrawal. However, if the decrease in the value of the product or the impossibility of return is due to the fault of the buyer, the buyer must compensate the seller for the decrease in the value of the product or its value. In this case, the seller can resort to legal measures against the buyer to compensate for the damage. For more detailed information, see (see Distance Sales Regulation).
How much time does the buyer have to return the product?
After notifying the seller of the return request, the buyer must enter the return shipping information on the order details page and deliver the product to the cargo company within 14 days from the date of the return request. If the buyer does not return the product within 14 days, the return process will be canceled.
How is the refund process done?
If the buyer has chosen a credit card for payment, the product amount is returned to the credit card. It may take 2-3 weeks for the amount to be reflected on the card. If the payment is made by EFT, the buyer must share the bank account information with the seller for the refund process. The buyer must provide accurate and complete information. If there is a problem with the refund due to incorrect information, the seller is not responsible. If the payment is made by a payment method other than credit card and EFT, the refund is made to the seller’s payment method. The return process is completed after the product is delivered to the seller and the seller approves the return.
What should the buyer pay attention to during the return process?
- To avoid any problems during the return process, the buyer must comply with the return conditions and exercise the right of withdrawal within the legal period.
- The product must be returned with the original invoice and, if any, with the return explanation section on the invoice filled out.
- The buyer is responsible for the shipping process and should deliver the product to the cargo company within 14 days after the return request is created.
- For electronic products, the original packaging must be intact, and the invoice and all complementary accessories must be sent with the product.
RETURN AND CHANGE OF BATTERY PRODUCTS
*Since the model and capacity is confirmed by phone or WhatsApp during the ordering and before shipping, cargo costs belong to the buyer when a return or exchange is requested for battery orders. Batteries will not be sent by cargo without confirmation of the model and capacity from you.
*In cases such as replacement of non-working batteries and service maintenance, the cargo belongs to our company. However, if the battery is found to be working, shipping costs belong to the buyer. In this case, before sending the product to us, make sure whether the problem is caused by your bike or the battery. If the problem is on the battery, the cost of the entire cargo process belongs to our company. If the problem is with the bike itself, cost of cargos will be charged to the buyer.
*In battery returns, if a condition that would prevent the resale of the battery, such as tearing the warranty label, scratches or breaks, is detected, the cost of the damage will be deducted from the buyer’s account.
Company Name: Erhan Gazi Bilgisayar Reklam Sanayi ve Dis Ticaret Limited Sirketi
Address: Incilipınar Mah. 36018 Sk. No:4/A
Sehitkamil 27100 Gaziantep Türkiye
For more information or assistance, please contact our customer service: